1. Many thanks to those who helped to organize the palm branches and other decorations in the church for this weekend. It looks beautiful.
Since this is just the beginning of Holy Week, more help is needed. We will be further decorating the church at approximately 10:00am on Holy Thursday, Good Friday and, especially, on Holy Saturday when help will be needed the most. If you would like to help us decorate the church, please put your name on the sign-up list located on a glass table in the vestibule. Lunch will be provided. Thank you in advance for your time and involvement.
2. Our newly created Knights of Columbus Council will have their first meeting this Tuesday, April 11th at 7:00PM, in the parish hall. This is a very important meeting and council member attendance is required.
3. On Friday we received an update on the 2017 Bishop’s Appeal from the diocese. So far, approximately 30 households from the parish have submitted their onetime donations or pledges. Because of their generosity we are now at 56% of our parish goal and we are very grateful for their sacrificial support. We hope that together we will reach our goal or even exceed it so we can receive a rebate. If you have not done so yet, please consider your gift to this year’s appeal in the near future.
4. This coming Thursday we begin the Holy Triduum. It is a THREE DAY COMMEMERATION of the Passion of our Lord. Each of these days has its own distinctive character and is of equal importance so please come and commemorate with us. The main liturgies for these Holy Days will begin at 7:30pm. NO morning Mass will be celebrated on Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday. Instead, we will have Morning Prayer Services at 9:00am followed by Novena Prayers to the Devine Mercy.
5. A detailed program for the Holy Triduum and Easter Sunday is printed below these announcements.
Have a blessed Holy Week and a HAPPY EASTER!.
HOLY TRIDUUM & EASTER April 13-16, 2017
HOLY THURSDAY – April 13th, 2017
9:00am – Morning Prayer (No morning Mass on Holy Thursday)
10:00am -3:00pm – Decorating the church for the Evening Liturgy
7:00pm – Rehearsal for “the Apostles-Knights”, oils bearers and altar servers
7:30pm The Mass of the Lord’ Supper with a Presentation of the Holy Oils and the Ceremony of the Washing of the Feet (collection for the poor and needy)
9:00pm -12:00am – Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in the church ( from 9:00pm to 10:00pm – OLGC Cursillo Group and Choirs; from 10:00pm to 11:00pm – Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors and El Shaddai Group, from 11:00pm to 12:00midnight – First Friday Adorers, Black Nazaren and La Pieta Devotees)
GOOD FRIDAY – April 14th, 2017
9:00am – Morning Prayer (No morning Mass on Good Friday)
9:30am – Novena to Devine Mercy (Day 1)
10am -2:00pm – Decorating the church for the Evening Liturgy
3:00pm – Stations of the Cross (outside the church)
7:30pm The Passion of the Lord with the Veneration of the Cross, reading the Passion of the Lord and Holy Communion (collection for the Christian Sites in the Holy Land)
HOLY SATURDAY (Easter Vigil) – April 15th, 2017
9:00am – Morning Prayer
9:30am – Novena to Devine Mercy (Day2)
10:00am -4:00pm – Decorating the church for Easter Vigil Liturgy
10am, 11:00am &12:00noon – Blessing of the Easter Baskets (each hour on the hour in the parish hall)
7:30pm Easter Vigil Liturgy with the Service of Light, Renewal of Baptismal Promises and Liturgy of the Eucharist. During this Liturgy two of the candidates for the Sacrament of Confirmation will receive their First Communion (Easter Sunday collection).
EASTER SUNDAY – April 16th, 2017
8:30am – Mass in English (Easter Sunday collection)
11:00am – Mass in English (Easter Sunday collection)
12:30pm – Mass in Polish (Easter Sunday collection)