1. In October the Catholic Church throughout the United States observes Respect Life Month. The theme chosen for this year is, “Be Not Afraid”. We are encouraged to offer our prayers, especially our participation in the Holy Eucharist, Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, and our daily rosary for every human life from its very earliest beginnings in the womb, until its inevitable natural end.
2. Your child can still be included in this CCD school year. Registration can be done in the parish hall on Sunday after 8:30AM Mass. Please don’t delay your child registration any longer.
3. If you or someone you know would like to join RCIA classes which prepare adult candidates for Baptism, the Eucharist and/or Confirmation, please call our parish office or contact George Ibanez as soon as possible.
4. Thank you for supporting “The Catholic Voice”. If you have not made your donation yet, you can still do so during the month of October. Please make your check payable to “OLGC” and notate “The Catholic Voice” on the memo line. As a reminder, if you are not receiving “The Voice”, please inform the parish office so your name can be added to the list.
5. The dinner dance organized by the OLGC Knights of Columbus last week was a successful and relaxing event. Next weekend we will hear more from them about the proceeds that will be used for the restoration of one section of stained glass windows in the church. We thank our Knights and all the participants who supported this joyful event.
6. On Sunday, October 8th, after the 11:00AM Mass, one of the participants of our Polish Community put his sunglasses in the 4th pew on the choir side and a few minutes later they were gone. If you or someone you know have found them please return them to the sacristy or to our parish office where the lost and found box is located. It is important for our parish to maintain our good reputation. We appreciate your help.
7. This Monday, October 16th, Fr. Jan will be going for a week of vacation and will return for the upcoming weekend Masses. Daily Masses will be celebrated as usual by our visiting priests. In case of a medical emergency, please contact Lino at our parish office or, if he is unavailable, please call one of our neighboring parishes.
8. Four new parking spaces have been designated solely for our disabled parishioners and visitors who come for Mass. These spaces are located at the main entrance to the parking lot. We know that while many vehicles may be entitled to use these spaces because they have blue disabled driver placards, we ask you to consider that there are some who have great difficulty walking. In a spirit of love for those who have a greater need then you, please leave these spots for them. And please, NEVER, EVER park your vehicle in these spots without an authorized disability placard or license plate.
9. Those of you who were not able to attend the Safe Envirement Training session on August 16th at the parish hall must take the online training using VIRTUS® Online. Please choose the “Protecting God’s Children – for Adults” and make sure to print out a copy of your training certificate. If you are experiencing any difficulties online, please contact Safe Environment Coordinator, Nadine Ramos (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the parish office.